Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mango and Pineapple Smoothie

Well Ladles and jellyspoons my breakfast this week is a SMOOTHIE! So many people use these as a meal because they are filling and delicious. They are also 5-7 bucks if you buy them at a juice shop which I think is TOO ridiculous. Its frozen fruit Jamba Juice, lets be honest.

Buying frozen fruit is kinda expensive, but it keeps forever, so you dont have to commit to making them every day that week. Most of the other ingredients are things I buy every week regardless, like yogurt and bananas. You can always adjust to the ingredients that normally frequent your fridge.

I experimented with fruits I like, and instead of using milk or ice cream, I used fruit juice and yogurt. Its important you use a healthy juice that is made from real fruit, and doesnt have lots of added chemicals or HFCS(high fructose corn syrup). That adds crap that your body doesnt need. I love SIMPLY NUTRITIOUS morning blend, its expensive but full of yummy fruits and vitamins.

 I have a reusable cold beverage mug from starbucks, though now you can get them at Target or most places that sell coffee mugs. They are essential for carrying around cold beverages and eliminate any paper or styrofoam waste that happens when you get drinks to go. SA-WEET!

Look at the PRETTY colors, YUM!


Mango and Pineapple Smoothie

Serves 1
Ingredients:
1/3 cup ice
1/3 cup frozen mango chunks
1/3 cup frozen pineapple chunks
1/2 banana
1/4 cup fruit juice, Simple Nutritious Morning Blend
3-4 tablespoons plain non-fat yogurt, I used greek b/c its super good for you
About a teaspoon of honey, just a squirt or two
Pinch of salt, helps bring out the flavor

Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until Smooth. Pour in a cup and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment