Sunday, May 22, 2011

Honey-Mustard Dipping Sauce

I am making a particularly delicious appetizer tonight and needed some simple dipping sauces to go along with them, just in case.

Talk about simple, the ingredients are in the title. To make honey mustard sauce, grab honey, mustard mix together and rejoice at your homemade dipping sauce. 
Old Style, just like me
"Hey its a local honey",  I hear that ALL the time :)
I used whole grain mustard because that's what I had in the fridge. I wasn't going to open another jar of mustard, but I think the plain dijon would have been better. Mine was good but grainy, obviously
This would be great dipping for tofu sticks, french fries, anything fried and yummy. Also great for sandwiches, this stuff keeps for a week, make it on Sunday and have a week of delight!

Honey-Mustard Dipping Sauce

The Goods: makes 1 cup
1/2 cup dijon mustard
6 tablespoons honey
Salt and Pepper

The Deal: 
1. Mix the mustard and honey together until smooth, then season with salt and pepper to taste. 

This sauce can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to one week.

No comments:

Post a Comment