Sunday, February 27, 2011

Roasted Parmesan Asparagus

Steak, potatoes and greens. yum!
Well folks last night I cooked myself a MEAL. I often dont feel like cooking a big meal for myself, I like to save all the time and effort for other people.

But its SO important that we treat ourselves. Making a delicious meal for yourself, makes you feel special. And we ARE special, so lets make sure to treat ourselves as such.

Last night I made steak in a red wine butter sauce with mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus. The steak was slightly overcooked, I had never cooked steak before. It was still very delicious, but it was tougher than I wanted it.
The potatoes were supposed to be a smashed baked potato but I messed them up so just made mashed potatoes.

The asparagus was the only thing that turned out perfectly, which makes sense because I had made it before. The meal wasn't perfect, but it was tasty and I didn't let a few mistakes ruin my saturday night.

I am not posting the steak or potatoes because I still haven't perfected the recipes. And honestly it will be rare that I cook steak, so it may take some time. Get it rare steak, oh yeah.

Asparagus and salt
Roasted asparagus is one of the easiest ways to cook asparagus and its melt in your mouth good. I love asparagus in general, I could eat it every day.

Hopefully you have all had it, and know what it does in the bathroom. Yes, it does make your pee smell funny, but its worth it. Plus who is really smelling your pee, REALLY.

Always look for thin asparagus, its the best. Also look at the tips, and make sure they aren't browned or going bad.

This side is nice because it can go with so much and looks elegant.

Roasted Parmesan Asparagus
before they are baked
After they are baked and delicious


The Goods:
Roasted Asparagus:
1 pound of asparagus,
1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan
2-3 tablespoons good olive oil
sea salt
freshly ground pepper

The Deal:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

2. Break of any tough ends of the asparagus. Place it on baking sheet and drizzle olive oil, then toss it and coat the asparagus. You don't wanted them drenched, just coated.

3. Spread the asparagus in a single layer on the baking sheet and sprinkle a generous amount of salt and pepper. Then sprinkle parmesan, lightly covering the pan.

4. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until tender but still crisp, the parmesan should be crispy but not burned.

Serve hot, and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment